Monday, January 17, 2011

I've Got Sunshine...

After constant light snow flurries from Sunday, when the snow arrived, to Wednesday it was beautiful on Thursday to actually be able to see the blue sky and the majestic Khustoop mountain. Greg came to town on Wednesday so Thursday before setting out on a hike I had him tack up some extra plastic he bought to keep a bit more of the cold out! He is so handy to have around.

I was mostly hoping it would keep the smoke from my downstairs neighbors wood/plastic stove from seeping into my bedroom. No such luck. About three different times I have come home to toxic fumes in my house. Thanks to all Armenians for burning their garbage which mostly consists of plastic...and smells awful.


Instead of taking the stairs down to Kapan we took the long scenic loop and got some beautiful shots of Khustoop and the surrounding area.

Our little river mostly frozen over

This is usually where many of Kapan's taxi drivers come to wash there car despite having much business. This is the first time i have seen it empty, obviously bc the water isnt flowing so much right now.

Soviet Statues look even more depressing in the snow

Khustoop at dusk

Kapan at night from the stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment