Wednesday, March 16, 2011

January 27th-March 10th

Man, I was doing so well with that updating blog thing and then two months went by. Here is my story of what happened.
I went up to visit some volunteers and celebrate a birthday, best of all I got to play with 3 day old bunnies!



Plus we ate the most delicious khoravats and German Chocolate and Carrot Cake.

Amazing.
Then, I went to a conference to work on Project Design. It was very worthwhile and effective. I learned how to knit.

After the conference because we were near the only mountain where you go skiing in Armenia I, along with a few other volunteers, decided to go skiing. Great idea!

Until the weather turned, the slopes became awful and i took a horrific fall. Then it was a lot of pain killers during the taxi ride (read: booze), x-rays, MRI tests, ice packs and more pain killers and a whole week in Yerevan (alone, save some kittens) at the PC Medical Office.


With the doctors.

The prognosis was mostly that nothing too serious happened. My knees, both actually hurt really bad but the right one was much worse, have recouped some now from the gross yellow bruises and massive swelling.
I returned home with a man nurse in tow. The best surprise waiting for me was my Christmas package sent December 7th finally arrived.

Along with my V-Day package. Presents! Presents! Presents! Only two months later. Love that mail system. I got right to work with Pat Fecher (greatest woman in PC) on decorating the house with Christmas stuff and making holiday cookies.


I was able to venture to Italia and meet with the family for Mama Mo's 60th birthday. It was a fantastic time. I encouraged my knee to give me the least amount of pain possible. It cooperated most of the time.

Oh, I also cut bangs. Haven't had bangs like this since i was 6. (this is heading out on the water taxi to the cemetery in Venice)

Returned home with a great homecoming of friends.

Jay turned 30/OLD so I baked him a delicious Funfetti cake. LOVED IT! It was decorated with lots of the gingerbread house decorations that arrived two months after the appropriate time to make gingerbread houses. Sorry Mom.

So I am home now. Cooking delicious meals again that last for four days bc I still can't ration and cook for only one. In this photo is my favorite present from the Xmas package:the spatula. I have used it for every single meal since receiving it.
March 8th rolled around which is Women's Day. This is a very important day here. The men take off work, and so do the women so that they can cook a feast for everyone. Escaping the cold Lizzie and I stopped into our favorite little cafe to find it redecorated in burlap and burberry. We ordered hot cocoa and were brought some cake and disgustingly sugary fruity drinks too. And a cool napkin flower. Shnorhavor kinants or!

No comments:

Post a Comment